It is the Mission of the Chesnee Police Department to work with all citizens to: preserve life, protect property, reduce fear, maintain human rights, and to promote individual responsibility and community commitment.
It is important for the public to understand the attitudes we have as an organization and why we, as Chesnee Police Officers, strive to maintain them. These attitudes form the basis for our department's philosophy.
- Public trust is the key to improving any police organization.
- Accountability of police officers is the best was to build public trust. Law Enforcement must be held to at least the same standards as the general community.
- We must always stand ready to account for our actions and not be offended that we are asked to do so.
- If you make a mistake, admit it, fix it, and go back to doing your job. I will discipline, but never fire, an officer for making an honest mistake.
- As officers, you can never let your personal feelings get involved in your duty.
- Most bad decisions you have made in your lifetime were made when you were mad. Remember, when you're mad your brain does not work.
- Writing a ticket is not the mission of this department, but a tool to help us accomplish our mission.
- You are in the help related profession, so help people.
- As a police officer, you have the authority to take away a person's freedom, but you do not have the right to take away a person's dignity.
- Police officers should not only avoid violating someone's rights, but should stand ready to protect everyone's rights. All citizens are equally important.